Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wuthering Heights

So I had to pick a book for my independent reading research paper/ oral presentation and I picked Wuthering Heights because I've never read it before and it's a classic and I thought I should read it before graduating high school. I heard from my sister that the characters are super unlikable and the book can get a bit depressing, so I was going in with the mindset that I would totally hate the book.

Well I wasn't very fond of the first volume which is the more well known and often portrayed in films because I kind of hate Heathcliff and Catherine (the 1st one). They are so evil, selfish, and snotty. Even as grown adults they are still selfish and child like, so I just can't like them. People say that their love is so tragic and romantic and what not. But I mean Catherine was picking money over love. She literally said that she cared about the short term consequences of her marriage to Linton even when Nelly warned her. Like, seriously? And she died from I guess a fit of some short? Like the ultimate temper tantrum killed her?

I actually liked Cathy Linton and Hareton Earshaw's story better. I hated kid Linton. What a brat. Hareton is definitely my favorite character. He tried his best to teach himself how to read and write to impress Cathy and he tried to be a gentleman in her presence though he grew up a boor though it wasn't really his fault. But Cathy can be quite cruel and mean to him which I didn't like at all. But I'm happy they got together in the end.

Another thing that was really annoying to me besides WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA. Is that the kid's names are Linton and Catherine (aka Cathy). Really? It gets even more confusing this way. Also that's kind of gross because they are all like 1st cousins. Yeesh. Some real wicked mutations going to be swimming in that gene pool.

Well the book wasn't that bad it was actually quite good. Now I have a research paper due in like a day and I just finished the book. Now I got to get articles and write a research paper with Noodlebib and think of some kind of presentation. Super stressed though totally still procrastinating.

Banged my leg twice now have bruise. In purple stage.

Also I don't have summer clothes, I'm more of a winter prepared person. Even though I hate the cold (at least you can warm yourself up). I literally melt in the heat. I'm one of those people who get super red in the face really fast as soon as it gets a bit warm. It looks like I am severely dehydrated or something like that. So I only have like these super tight jean knee length pants that hurt when wearing. I believe if I wear them to often I may never have children. Jk. But seriously they hurt when wearing. Might just wear long pants and suffer the heat wave. Though it is becoming relatively cooler over the past few days to high 70's rather than 80's.

Also bought this pak from a dorm thing my college sent to me. The quality for some of this stuff really sucks. My mom thinks its fine while I am seriously disappointed because I begged her to get them and I hate them. Oh well if I get them dirty I don't care.

I want the Nokia Lumia 900 in Cyan. So cool. I have an itouch and ipod classic, so I don't need an iphone because its pretty much the same thing. BORING. I just want a simple, pretty phone that works well. And that's what the Lumia 900 is. Love love love love it. I want to get it.

Watching scary movies during classes. Like I am Legend and Blood Diamond. I hate guns and violence. I like happy cartoons or sappy romcons or funny films or action films that aren't scary. Easily scared person. Spiderman is scary because of the Green Goblin. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment